- Feedwater Flow Control: The feedwater, which is water fed into the boiler for conversion into steam, must be carefully controlled. A modulating control valve regulates feedwater flow into the boiler, which is critical because the amount of feedwater entering the boiler should match the steam demand from the process. If the feedwater supply is too low, the boiler can run dry, causing damage to the boiler tubes and other components. Conversely, the feedwater supply is too high, which can cause overfilling and unnecessary pressure on the boiler.
- Steam Flow Control: The steam generated in the boiler provides various processes like heating, power generation, etc. The modulating control valve regulates the steam flow from the boiler to the process. It adjusts the steam flow rate according to the process requirements, ensuring the process receives the correct amount of steam at the required pressure and temperature.
HFV Series Control Valve Features
- Up to 150 psi differential across the valve when modulating.
- High close-off pressure.
- Stainless steel body, stem, and plug.
- Linear or equal percentage flow characteristic.
- ANSI Class IV shutoff.
- Fail closed.